We all hate pimples, and we all get them, so let's learn to cover them up properly. Since the actual covering of the spot takes quiet a bit of time, let's look at why we get zits and how to hopefully diminish them in the first place. First, skin has to be taken care of from the inside out. Drinking water and tea over sodas, juice, alcohol, and sugary coffee beverages will go a long way to keeping skin clear and looking bright (unless you're detoxing, in which case you might actually break out for a bit, and that's totally normal. More on that HERE.)
Next, skin needs daily cleansing, moisture, sun protection, and at least weekly exfoliation.
Once all the bases have been covered and breakouts are still happening, they're more than likely hormone-related, so figure out what you're triggers are. For me, it's sugar (especially lactose, aka delicious dairy products), so I try to really exercise moderation in that area.
Now - we have a pimple, for whatever reason, and we want to cover it. I demonstrate how to do that in THIS video on my Vimeo channel (www.vimeo.com/electralane), and here are products and steps mentioned:
1. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
2. NYX Cosmetics green concealer sick
3. e.l.f. Cosmetics Concealer Brush
5. Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray
1. Clean and moisturize face
2. Use a primer to smoothe skin, then top with your base
3. Warm up some green concealer and apply directly to the pimple
4. Cover the pimple with cream concealer
5. Set with a little powder and/or setting spray