Sometimes the most glamorous look is easy, clean makeup that you make a little special. I recently purchased the NARSissist Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow Palette and have been playing with it nonstop thanks to the creamy, super-blendable shades that may be applied wet or dry. For this particular look, I used Himalia all over the lid and Andromeda to brighten.
That's why I love makeup. A few simple tricks can instantly elevate a look (or your mood), and you don't have to spend an hour to get "on fleek" or whatever it is the young folks are saying these days...
Here's the final look:
And how I did it:
1. Tinted moisturizer
2. Concealer under eyes and around nose, cream blush, bronzer
3. Sweep a nude shade (I used Urban Decay Foxy) all over the lid and a slightly darker shade (UD Buck) in the crease
4. Spritz a shadow brush with water or setting spray, then apply a metallic nude (Himalia) to the lid
5. BLEND all the shadows with a clean brush
6. With a dry shadow brush, tap a shade that is much lighter than your skin (Andromeda) just on the center of the lid
7. Press a color that brings out your eyes (MAC Embark) into the bottom lash line, and blend with a slightly lighter color in the same family (MAC Antiqued)
8. Fill-in brows, then add black liner on top lash line followed by a lash curl and mascara
9. Apply neutral lips (Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Milkshake with Burt's Bees Lip Crayon in Samoa Sand)
10. Mist face with setting spray